- The sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the Slim Fit MA-1 as the two jackets have different fits (core vs standard) and the variations between sizes differs between the two styles. When determining your size please consider whether you will layer under the jacket and if you prefer a more fitted look.
- Flight nylon jacket contains a signature utility/pencil pocket with "Remove Before Flight" keychain for belongings
- Features a zipper closure with storm flap, along with a knit waistband, cuffs and collar
- Comfort rated in temperatures from 25-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry clean only
- Sage and Black feature special Tall "T" sizing, which offers longer torso and sleeve lengths for long-body fits
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed. An addition to the jacket in 1960 was the reversibility to show off an Indian Orange lining. The reason being if a plane crashed, the pilot could reverse the jacket to the orange side to signal rescue personnel. Alpha Industries' first government contract for the MA-1 was awarded in 1963. We started producing the MA-1 flight jacket for the civilian population in the 1970s. Black was added to the military sage green requirement. The jacket has evolved over the years but it is still one of our top sellers and today we produce many variations on this classic flight jacket.
|2XS||14-14 1/2||29-31||26-28||29-31||30-31||Regular 5'6" to 6'||120-130|
|MT||15-15 1/2||38-40||33-35||38-40||34-35||Tall 6'1" to 6'4"||170-185|